Monday, October 22, 2007

Across the Universe


I just went to see the movie 'Across The Universe' tonight and WOW! I grew up listening to the Beatles and they are my favorite band of all time- so as you can imagine I was PUMPED to see this- well a brief description of the movie is it is basically a musical set to 34 Beatles songs. The best part is that there is very little dialogue, it's basically each song leading into the next- which was part of the fun of the movie for me was trying to figure out which song would fit the scene. Interestingly enough I guessed wrong most of the time, which was awesome as it presented a wonderful little surprise each time. Beatles trivia abounded throughout, some of it obvious- like character names- Sadie, Prudence, Jude, Lucy etc. but it was exciting for me to hear each character introduce themselves 'This is Sadie' and I'd get all charged up because I knew the song from whence she came. Totally dorky, I realize! There were other more subtle references, a ton of which I am confident I missed but that were fun to catch- mostly spoken words of obscure lyrics. A true Beatles fan will enjoy the movie if only for the treasure hunt that is sure to ensue! The singing was awesome, the acting was incredible and the sets were out of control. Some highlights were the bowling lane scene in the beginning and Bono, yes, that's right, BONO (!!!!) in a psychedelic rendition of 'I am the Walrus.' Right? Check out the trailer here!

2 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

ooooooooooooohhh goose bumps! you got me all excited about this movie. One night soon, Frank and I WILL go see it!

Studio Foto said...

Hey girl- I totally would have went with you- you know what a beatle's freak I am.....want to go again?- Love Krystal : )