Tuesday, May 08, 2007

super sunday






Sunday yielded another beautiful day here in New England! Lots of sun = lots of sun flare, I was totally happy! Our first stop was at Loomis Chaffee where Trish and Alan met. Shooting places that mean something to my couples is so powerful- watching them re-live moments and share these memories really offers insight into their lives that not all photographers have the luxury of seeing on an engagement shoot. A wedding is different, of course! Super-high charged energy, every distant relative, raw emotion- yeah, it's different from an engagement shoot in many ways! ;) I wonder what other photographer's strategies are when choosing a location for an engagement shoot? Do you bring them places you enjoy shooting at or ask them for a suggestion? I saw an article in Professional Photographer Magazine where they had one couple do an engagement shoot with three very different photographers- the results were very interesting. The couple got to pick out their favorite image and the photographers did as well and explain why. That article really got me thinking and wondering what my collegues all do? And what do clients want? More or less control over the location? Trust the photographer's vision or trust the photographer's ability to roll with whatever you throw their way? Both are very important and each potential client most likely values each in a different way. So- what is most important? I am really interested to see what clients AND photographers say, so POST ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

5 comments:

Amanda Harris said...

Yeah Loomis - that's where Jeff went :) Pretty photos my friend.

STEVE DePINO said...

love,love ,love that flower shot!

Teresa Wagner said...

Yet another amazing session you did carla. Way to go girl. Love it!

STEVE DePINO said...

Sorry so excited about your photo I forgot to answer your question.
If the client has a special location, that has meaning to them I will make the trip because that will make their photos even that more personal. If not I have a few local locations that fit the bill quite nicely

carla ten eyck said...

i bet I know where one of those locations is! ;)I love finding out what places are important and trying to work something creative out of it! The flower shot was at Loomis- which is great b/c although it is a nice image (thank you, btw!) is is also taken in a super special place to them!