Sunday, December 02, 2007

kate + dave wedding at the bond ballroom

















I had to end my season off Hartford Style with my second to last wedding of 2007' ceremony taking place in Hartford City Hall, which rocks! What a beautiful place, I can't say enough about it. Having shot portraits there many times (and yes you do need a permit so get one if you are even CONSIDERING having portraits taken there, they book up fast), Kate & Dave's wedding made this my first ceremony there. We then ended with the reception at The Bond- again, I love shooting here! Not only is it right down the street from where I live (a definite bonus, I won't lie) but it is beautiful, and offers a dazzling view of the sun setting over Hartford. Really and truly! This place offers such a great variety of light throughout the reception- warm sunny light changes into thick buttery late afternoon light and then into sunset. Yeah. Kate's flowers were by A Victorian Garden and they did a bang up job! Now, Kate and I have a good friend in common and would be seriously remiss if I didn't give my girl Sarah a special C 10 ike shout out on the B-log! Sarah was RELENTLESS in pushing me into becoming a wedding photographer. Did I say she was relentless? And HOW. She would just not stop telling me how much she loved the images I took at her wedding back in the day. I shot film! Yes, I did. But I got some nice stuff, and I can certainly attribute that to not having to be 'on.' It wasn't my wedding and I knew all of the players, so I was that 'photographer friend' that has the home court advantage that annoys all of us wedding photographers! I'm kidding. But get out of my shot dude, seriously! Thanks for the constant kick in the butt, some may call it harassment, but not me! :) Congrats Kate & Dave!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

There are some great shots in there! I love the shot from above of them walking down the aisle between all of the guests. Great pictures!!

Robin Dini Photography said...

we gotta do a hartford PUG bar crawl! you are the ultimate Hartford tour guide.

carla ten eyck said...

Jason, that was Jean's shot all the way! My girl knows how to bring it.

Robin, I am ALL over a Hartford PUG / pub crawl. I practically do them alone. Wait, that sounds bad.

Unknown said...

so pumped for the afterparty at your house...or shall i say crib?!
cool pics carla...as usual.

Anne said...

Holy shisa sista!

Teresa Wagner said...

amazing work!