Tuesday, January 22, 2008

best of 2007



'Tis the season for everyone's 'Best Of's' to pop up and lest I feel left out and alone.... I am no exception.

I am, however, inclined to post a variety of my best of's- starting with my favorite, FEET & SHOES! I have a bunch more in the works, all of which will be posted on my 'official' web site under the 'slide shows' tab after making their debut on my b-log.

Doing this particular slide show was so much fun. It was great to see all of these shots in one body of work, and interesting to see how much I changed things up. And in some cases found a nice compositional pattern to stick to. A fun shooting challenge, to say the least...!

As photographers, it's a good exercise in really pushing yourself to see all of one type of shot together- how to keep it interesting, maintain your style and try new things all in one. Now you go!

13 comments:

Jean Molodetz said...

that was so much FUN to watch!

Unknown said...

that is too damn cute carla...
did you check out my lunch blog entry...come to our lunch on FEB 2nd if you can...Jean too...it is open to all and It will be fun!
HOpe you can make it.

Amanda Harris said...

LOVE it - and I love that song...one of my recent favorites. xo

Mary Marantz said...

AWE-SOME!!! Lovin that song too!!!

talia@sixpence said...

Awesome pics Carla! I love feet and shoes shots!

Jaime said...

Great stuff! Did you bite any of those featured feet?

JAGstudios said...

I've always wanted to see a portfolio of just your feet/shoes shots, thanks! that rocked!

Random Blog said...

Really great "best of 2007" - thanks for sharing!

A great running song too - want to invite you and your "crew" to a trail run this Sunday the 27th at West Woods in Guilford. We are running "The Bash" course with a big group - all abilities are welcome - doggies too.... 8am at The Dunk Rock entrance to West Woods near Bishops of Rt 1. We'll have a number of the runs leading up to the race - 10K trail run.
Hope you can make it! Might need some new "trail" shoes for the occasion!
Cathi

STEVE DePINO said...

Such a cool spin on the everyday "best of"!

ideagirl said...

Yeah. It pretty much just rocked my world.

You are amazing.

xo Tam

Heather Colt said...

way to go! you sure do love the feet!

carla ten eyck said...

That's a pretty accurate statement Miss Heather! I do indeed!

Paolo Nutini is the artist, the song is called 'New Shoes' He ROCKS!

Cathi, I just may try trail running sometime soon, and when I do you better believe I will be calling YOU!!! :)

Unknown said...

thank you for coming out and exposing your fetish to the world

:)