Wednesday, January 02, 2008

nike plus + c 10 ike + stevedepino = some crazy math!

So.... you may have noticed that fancy schmancy little hoo ha to the right, that details my last run? Look, it's RIGHT THERE!! How cool is that? I had a super sweet Santa give me this to keep much better track of my runs and I have to say it is super addicting! I took it out for its inaugural spin today and after much fidgeting and crap I got the hang of pausing (for traffic- it's not fair to bring down my averages b/c of stupid stop lights!!) and volume etc. Plus having the whole thing strapped to my arm was kinda weird. But I checked it during my run and saw that my pace was MUCH lower than I had thought so that really put some pep in my step to keep it up! Not sure where I was when that giant dip hit- I think it was the big icy hill by the park- I had to walk a bit it was kind of dangerous with the speeding cars! Then, when I was almost done I saw I had only run 4.88 miles and said 'screw that, I want to do at least 5' so I ran around the block.

I know I am going to love having this to help me! Steve is looking forward to designing some challenges between us, though I am not sure what exactly. He is like the Flash and I am just NOT!! We'll see what we cook up! Or we can team up and challenge some of YOU!! :)

Now Steve has challenged me to a run-off- to see who can run the farthest in the next 14 days starting tomorrow! He is SO going down!! I love a challenge.... this should be fun!

9 comments:

Tere @ My Precious Studio said...

Awesome job! Wish we lived closer so we could run together...
Keep up the great work and good luck Sunday.
Oh yeah, and kick Steve's butt!!

STEVE DePINO said...

hey what no support for me????

Tere @ My Precious Studio said...

Go Steve! You guys sound like you're having a blast...but Carla's my sis, so I've gotta give her the edge ;-) I'm envious!

carla ten eyck said...

heading out now for my first run of the challenge.... it's EIGHT DEGREES OUT!!! What the EFF??

Robin Dini Photography said...

i think i'm totally going to hook up with this thing. I'll have to start out with walking though :) Never run before in my life! I have the nano and a treadmill, i just need the sport kit right?

carla ten eyck said...

Yes- I found mine on amazon- you will also need the sensor holder for your shoe.

It is addicting!!!!!

Robin Dini Photography said...

Sweet! Double sports bra right???? ha ha

STEVE DePINO said...

Nice Robin!!!
This isn't a speed race it's just mileage one. So you can take five long walks in one day if you want. The nike set up will track all of that.

Robin Dini Photography said...

cool. I'll try to pick it up this weekend. It's always easier to exercise with a buddy, virtual or otherwise :)