Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hartford Marathon Here I come!



Well the half anyway..... LOL


So some of you know that Steve and I set up this Nike Plus running challenge between the two of us because we are competitive dorks! Well, we added some other runners from across the country as well which raised the stakes a bit and made it more fun! Although beating Steve in and of itself is super fun, regardless....! ;)

So I am new to running, really- this last 'run' if you will started right before Thanksgiving till now and I am really enjoying it! Last night I ran the farthest I have ever run, SEVEN MILES!!! The only reason that I stopped was because it was dark out and I wasn't dressed appropriately but I felt like I could have kept going! Not to mention my pace dropped significantly for that long run - it was 11:07 per mile!! A run I did on January 10th I was at 11:28 a mile... it's a nice change.

So while running I have been wondering how far can I push myself with this? I love having goals and races to train for just far enough away where I know that I have to keep running because that next race is just around the corner...(the next 5K is Feb 5th)

I made a major decision to not book a wedding on October 11th of 2008 because I am going to train to run the Hartford Half Marathon - a 13.1 mile course! AHHH!! Now I HAVE to do it!! I have been debating on it for a bit, because it is kind of a major thing, I mean I just freaking started! But, I also may do a relay as well- with me, Steve and Mike and possibly Paul too!!

What's the worst that could happen?

12 comments:

Jean Molodetz said...

you've rocked 37 miles! that's like running to middletown and back. you go girl!

Krystal said...

wow Carla!!!! I'm so proud of you!

Jaime said...

EfffinA. That's awesome!

Susannah McGlamery said...

run snarlita run! you are amazing...keep it up~ you deserve it.

Mary Marantz said...

awesome! you are so inspiring to me!! I think last night I dreamed that I started running with you guys...hahaha boy was I glad when I woke up!

xoxo
M:)

Tere @ My Precious Studio said...

DO it! No relay...you can run the whole thing on your own! You'll have plenty of time to train. If I did it, so can you. Run Sister Run! xoxo

STEVE DePINO said...

Rock on Carla... You kicked my butt :)

Random Blog said...

Congrats Carla!! You can do the half marathon - you know it makes sense!! Just follow a training plan and build into it gradually.
You will feel like a superhero. I still think you guys should train for The Bash in Westwoods - there is some good mud in there!
Cathi
www.mrbimble.com

Vick Prizma Productions said...

Hi Carla,

I was checking someone else Blog (I'm pretty sure you know were talking about who ;-) lol) and I think his really jealous of you , You Rock Carla

nikki nicole photography said...

CONGRATS! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU... I WISH I COULD RUN BUT CANT :( ... KEEP IT UP!

Anonymous said...

YEAAA BOIIII<3

knew you would win!!!

Renee said...

I am thinking half marathon in the Spring... we all know she can do it! Hartford half is too far away...