Sunday, January 25, 2009

Connecticut Professional Photographer's Convention (CPPA) speaker



Well it's in print now so I guess it's official!

This coming Friday February 6th from 3:00 PM-5:00 PM I will kick off the CPPA's annual photography convention by speaking on 'Blogging 101.' I am really excited for the opportunity to show how important blogging has been in my businesses success these past two and a half years!

Just his morning I had a meeting with a potential client and she told me how she felt like she got to know me by reading through my blog- the same thing with a client I met with yesterday- they both referenced things that I had written about in my blog and really gave them a strong sense of who I am before they called to set up a meeting with me.

If you want to learn how to bring your blog to the next level (and I am too....I promise!!) or to learn how to get started if you are a newbie then come on down to the CPPA's convention and check me out!

Here are the particulars:

WHEN: Friday February 6th 2009 3:00 PM- 5:00 PM this is my talk: the convention runs from the 6th-9th
WHERE: Crown Plaza Hotel, Cromwell, CT
COST: $250 admits you to all of the speakers and the trade show

or sign up on the spot to be a CPPA member for $250 and enjoy the benefits of being in the organization- a strong network of professional photographers.

To read more about the benefits of membership check out their website HERE

Here are some of the other speakers at the convention:
Motivational speaker Laura Watkins, Ph.D
Joseph & Louise Simone / Fine Art Portraiture
Ralph & Cindy Romaguera / Making a good living with your eyes, heart and camera
Paul Rogers / Illustrating Love
Ben Wilmore / Masterful Adjustments & Photoshop CS4
David Hume Kennerly / Behind the Scenes of History
Stephen Eastwood / Digital convert

9 comments:

Orchard Cove Photography said...

Woot Woot! I'm so bummed to miss this...we fly to Utah that morning :(

Unknown said...

thats great! and Ben Willmore is excellent also!!

Val McCormick Photography said...

WooooWhoooo!!! Guess I gotta stop procrastinating and join now :-)

Love Ya!

Eric Foley said...

That's right 10, after that diss you need to give'um some! I'll be front row making fart sounds. LMAO!

Jaime said...

Awesome. I wish I could be there.

Cheryl said...

I'll be sitting right next to you Mr. Foley listening to your fart sounds!!! can't wait!

E. Broderick Photography said...

Sweet! I had not thought about joining before now but I just may have to check this out...Whoever is there for your presentation is in for a treat. ;-)

Mary Marantz said...

ugh! I am SO bummed we're going to miss this...we'll be down in Gettysburg with my dad. :( but if you want someone to do a practice run in front of, I am at your disposal baby!!

Studio Foto said...

WOW... Congratulations girl. We would love to go but it's just not in the stars. Kill em Dead:p