Sunday, January 04, 2009

rest in peace, mayor mike



It is with such a heavy heart that I sit here and think of everything that the Peters family is going to miss about Mayor Mike. Though he fought valiantly, he lost his battle tonight.

He was one of the funniest people I have ever met- he had the quickest wit, and the most booming, contagious laugh.

He did so many positive things for Hartford, and quickly became its biggest cheerleader and advocate.

Whenever I'd see him he'd say 'Who loves ya' baby?!'

I know I am not alone in saying that we all do, Mayor.

You will be sorely missed.

12 comments:

Val McCormick Photography said...

I am so very sorry to hear that Carla. I will have you and his family in my prayers.

Jean Molodetz said...

i was sorry to hear that very sad news. hartford has lost one of it's most colorful and tireless champions. and i'm sorry for your personal loss. it was obvious he was one of your biggest supporters.

Carol Stevens said...

A sad day for the City of Hartford and beyond. Mayor Mike was such a great ambassador for the city.

Mary Marantz said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I know how important he was to you. I'll be thinking of you guys.

xoxo

talia@sixpence said...

Carla, such sad news to hear. I am so sorry. He will be very missed.

Rick O said...

I remember when he use to come into Carmichaels (oh way back when) - he was a good guy..

-Rick

Jerome said...

He will be missed tremendously. Sorry to hear this news. :-(

Robin Dini Photography said...

Beautiful tribute Carla. It was an honor to meet him this past year. I wish I could of had the opportunity to hear more of his more of his creative wit :) Jean said it best, he was one of your biggest supporters. It showed at your last opening and at your studio open house.

E. Broderick Photography said...

So sorry to hear this sad news. He will surely be missed. Thinking of you and his family and friends...

Photographer RE said...

So sad. I knew you knew him well. Sending my best wishes to his family.

b said...

Thanks for the beautiful tribute, Carla. You had a special place in his heart and he loved your work.

Studio Foto said...

I met this guy like 2 times and I am all teary eyed.