Wednesday, January 14, 2009

maziarz family shoot

I get asked a lot of I shoot family sessions- and while the answer is yes, I have to say that I really try hard not to approach them in any kind of traditional way. You know, like the old school Olan Mills way. And no, I m not trying to hate on Olan Mills at ALL- I have a picture of MY family when we were growing up that was taken in Olan Mills' studio... and I love it!

So my good friend and fellow photographer Erik Maziarz asked me to shoot his family as he falls victim to the same thing we all do as photographers- we have great shots of our kids and spouses but none of US with our kids and spouses! So I spent the afternoon shooting and getting to know Jen and Caroline, both of whom are the sweetest ladies ever!

We started off snuggling since Caroline was really sleepy... I had to try really really hard to be quiet! So of course I got the giggles and then was freaking out (inside) because I was really loving the shots I was getting but could not shout about them! It was a struggle, but well worth it!


Hands are just so important for me to shoot, I love how Erik and Jen's hands look like they are from the same person almost- as they both snuggle their daughter

Their cats were fantastic accessories!! I love this shot of them all on the couch

Her expression just cracks me up here- as she is pulling her mommy and daddy's fingers :)

One of my very favorites from the day, kind of abstract, but of feet and hands, my favorites- and I like how her feet are in the shape of a heart...



erik and jen, thank so much for having me over, I will be back for more tuna melts :) and coffee and I will bring my matching jammies!!

xxoo

15 comments:

E. Broderick Photography said...

Oh, these are the best! Love them all. So sweet. (Uh oh, now I'm singing Sweet Caroline.)

Orchard Cove Photography said...

Such sweet beautiful images - she is such a cute little one!

Erik Maziarz said...

WHAT?!?! Carla . . . Jen and I don't even know what to say. "Oh my God!" "Wow!" "Awwww . . . " (just a few things we've blurted out) And we're laughing our butts off at Caroline's face in that 2nd to last shot. We call that her "old man" face. :-)

Seriously . . . we are so thrilled and we cannot thank you enough. We will treasure these photos forever. And you're welcome back ANY time to crawl on our floor, stand on our bed, get in our faces, laugh and eat tuna melts!

Mary Marantz said...

These are AMAZING!!! I LOVE them all!!

Katie Slater Photography said...

Carla - these are KILLER!!!! :)

Jerome said...

UMMM, Yeah; What Erik said... I can relate. Great job as always Carla!

Valeen Thivierge said...

Simply beautiful, love the little tiny feet! The best as always!!

Robin Dini Photography said...

of course I LOVE the one with the kitty :) So beautiful. Love the white simplicity in all of these. Hands and feet of parents and babies.... a tear.

:) Well done my friend.

Val McCormick Photography said...

Awwww, I LOVE these!!! All of them. I REALLY love the hands and feet and heart, come on!!! Awesomeness :-)

daniela said...

absolutely beautiful!

Teresa Wagner said...

oh How beautiful Carla. Love these images.

Melissa said...

Aww I ♥ the one with the funny expression on her face. These are so sweet

Ryel j said...

The first image about knocked my socks off! You rocked this session right out of the house!

Andi Walpurgis said...

I love the cat...how perfect...great job as always....

raw photo design said...

So cute, so snuggly.