Monday, April 30, 2007

kickin' it NYC style















they are framed by a Picasso in the background- of course I forgot to write down which one!


Yesterday was one of the best days, all around, in general I have had! For a myriad of reasons(not in any particular order!)- I got to shoot; I was with my husband (sans kids); I got out of the state; I saw fine art at the MOMA ; it was beautiful perfect weather; I was with two of the nicest, most genuine people; I had my crocs on! I had linguini and clam sauce and pistacio gelato! Oh and I got to lie down on the disgusting New York City sidewalks! What a most perfect day I had with Kate & Ted- we went to Central Park- found this awesome observation tower near Shakespeare's Garden in Central Park, rode the subway, took a cab, ate in Little Italy- went to MOMA and saw some of the most wonderful art pieces in the history of the world! I had never been before and I actually got a little verclempt- and almost cried- I was really overwhelmed at being so close to a ginormous Monet, and seeing Picasso's famous piece Les Demoiselles d'Avignon was so moving and intense. I was surrounded by Cezanne, Klee, Gustav Klimt, Kandinsky, Matisse, Warhol- I could go on and on. And here I was amongst these masters trying to create my own slice of art. Extremely humbling and energizing at the same time. I was so motivated by the creative energy that was there and all of the people who went to see all of that incredible work. I couldn't wait to share some images and have been working on them all day so Kate and Ted can see them! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

Carla!! These are frickin' phenomenal! I can TOTALLY see the artist influence in these shots. Love it! And where did you get the super cool scratchy actions?!

xoxo
M:)

Teresa Wagner said...

WOW! Carla my hometown, awesome. I love these images. You are totally taking out pics this fall. Can't wait, consider yourself booked.

Amanda Harris said...

Awesome shots - I love the unusual angles you get and the light - worth lying down on the sidewalks for as you get awesome results!

Tere @ My Precious Studio said...

dork.
takes one to know one!

STEVE DePINO said...

Way to go Carla!!!!
Love the cab shot and back lit one on the street...look GREAT work!

nikki nicole photography said...

love shot # 4 carla. you always know how to capture!