Monday, June 09, 2008

alison + sean new york city e shoot

Last week capped off our super crazy May shooting hullabaloo with an engagement shoot in the city with our clients Alison & Sean. It was a lot of fun but started off kind of nuts... (getting into the city on a Friday at rush hour after a big crane accident?? YEAH) Super fun!

We started off shooting at Madison Square Garden's theater where Alison & Sean first met- he is the head lighting designer for Oprah and she runs special events at MSG- so when Oprah did a show there... well, let's just say a match was made!

Now I met Alison while shooting a wedding last November, she was a guest and also a singer during the ceremony, she has an incredible voice! She saw the guest book I did for Alescia and Matt and just had to have one for her wedding next May!

Here are some of our shots from the day!

Thanks Alison & Sean for a great day and a fabulous dinner, Ollie's was AWESOME!!

Make sure to check out Mike's blog, he has some killer stuff!

These were shot in MSG's theatre, Mike and I lOVED the ceiling lights





Then we ventured out to Central Park and rocked the bridge and some late afternoon light





While we were shooting here we heard a band playing and saw people streaming over for a concert in the park. huh, I wondered who could be playing once the warm up band stopped.... well, it was none other than DURAN FREAKING DURAN!!!!! bnkhfdnkndfglknbkfgnkfghkdhnnfdn!r49998!!! Yea, that's pretty much what I said! Mike almost had to punch me out I was so pumped! So I got to shoot while listening to Duran Duran play! Stellar way to wrap up a shoot!


12 comments:

Robert J. Trenske said...

I love the shot you took in the Mall at Central Park. Classic!!

Tony Spinelli Photography said...

LOVE the ceiling lights!

MIKE said...

NIce stuff as always. Like the MSG shots you got! Awesome : )

Justin Marantz said...

LoVe that first shot! Killer!! :-)

E. Broderick Photography said...

Gorgeous shots with the MSG lights. And that shot of them on the rock with the skyline behind them is so romantic/sexy and perfect.

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

I agree with Rob...love the central park shot with the trees!!! Of course they are all great though.

nikki nicole photography said...

love the shot of them on the rock with the city in the background!!!!! oh and the msg pic rock!!!!

how cool is that duran duran in the park!!!!!

Val McCormick Photography said...

SO FREAKIN' AWESOME. LOVE them all. I can't choose which one I liked best. Listening to Duran Duran live. How cool is that! Not that it really matter but... I LOVE HER SHOES!!! :-)

face first films said...

was the last shot mike's reaction to you telling him you love duran duran?
seriously, great work! I love the MSG stuff but I really loved the long shot with the fountain out of focus in the foreground- beautiful!

face first films said...

shoot, I meant sean's reaction! well maybe mike laughed too

laurie said...

ummmmm I am having a hard time picking a favorite because they are all so freakin good!!!!!

Salty Grapes said...

Coolest lights ever! And those shots in Central Park are awesome, particularly the Mall one. :)