Monday, December 01, 2008

Forgeries Art Opening this THURSDAY DEC 4

And so my super duper all out crazy week of something EVERY SINGLE NIGHT BEGINS!!

TONIGHT: I am hanging the Love:Interpreted women's photography show with the ladies of the PUG - our opening is THIS FRIDAY at 650 Main St. in Middletown CT at 7:00- come support us! :) Drinks and apps will be provided


This past spring I shot for the Charter Oak Cultural Center in Hartford and am gearing up for a busy season with them during this next year. Their director, Donna Berman, is listed as Hartford Magazine's 50 most influential people and is pivotal in providing Hartford's youth with exposure to the arts.I had the honor of meeting and photographing her for Mayor Mike's Nine this past year. She is still up in the restaurant, you should check her out!

For the Forgeries show, I was asked to contribute a piece of art that basically was a forgery of a famous work of art, only it was as *I* saw it, and in my own style. This was quite a challenge for me, as the works they gave us to choose from were mostly paintings like The Mona Lisa, or The Creation of Adam- the Starry Night. Etc. After much agonizing I asked Dave what he thought- and he was like DUH! Do The Kiss, by Gustav Klimt! Now, it seems painfully obvious to me, in retrospect!
And so I did! My hairstylist and friend Kerry and her husband Garrett were kind enough to model for me and I really love what we came up with! Let's hope it can get some good money for the Charter Oak Cultural Center!

All of the artists listed below are doing the same thing- forging their own works of art- I saw my Dad's (he is a painter) and it is AWESOME!!! I'll bet he gets some big bucks on it- I think *I* may even have to bid!


Here are all of the details about this Thursday! I hope to see you there!


The Charter Oak Cultural Center presents:

An evening of fun, frolic and fundraising for Charter Oak's Youth Arts Institute

In the heist of the holiday season…

Join us for Forgeries

Be part of a new Hartford Holiday tradition!

WHEN: THIS Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Charter Oak Cultural Center 21 Charter Oak Avenue Hartford, CT 06106 860.249.1207 www.charteroakcenter.org

LIVE AUCTION STARTS AT 6:30

Come see and bid on the work of 20 Hartford artists who, in their own inimitable style, have interpreted, with wit and whimsy, some of your favorite famous paintings.


Delight your palette with fine wine, Munch on hors d'oeuvres by Mediza Mediterranean Restaurant, be happy you're not Van Gogh as you listen with both ears to the sweet strains of Dave Giardina’s guitar and Markus Centola’s accordion, and rejoice as you spend some of your Monet to buy one of these works to give as the perfect holiday gift.

Participating artists include:

Michal Ayalon

Jill Henderson Pasanen

Carlos Hernandez Chavez - MY DAD :)


John Murphy

Balam Soto

Gabriela Galarza

Beth Pite

Cathy Welson

George Herrick Lasua

Harriet Winograd

Mike Jacobs

Meredith Arcari

Barbara Bennett

Carla Ten Eyck - YOURS TRULY ;)

Rosalia Lee

Karen Rossi

Estelle Laschever

Natasha Sazonova

Imna Arroyo

Hannah Libman

Lisa Foster

Deborah Wadsworth



Live auction begins at 6:30 p.m.

RSVP by phone or email by December 1, 2008
860.249.1207 or laura.rozza@charteroakcenter.org
Get all Dali’d up in your holiday attire!
Admission tickets $25 (will be applied to the price of purchase). CHECK OR CASH VISA AMEX AND MASTERCARD

1 comment:

Robin Dini Photography said...

Shoot! I missed the RSVP. Can I still go?