Saturday, April 26, 2008

happy birthday to moi & Amanda Harris

Amy Ross Jacob drove in all the way from BOSTON to heckle me!


Georgie burning her marshmallows, just like Mommy likes it!

Steve Steve Steve
My girls, Jean, Dodie and Susannah

Paul McNerney, all cute like

Nikki Nicole putting her hot air to good use! SNAP!


Come on. Seriously?

Steve is getting all competitive with Jack! He's FIVE dude.

If I ever ask you to shoot my family portrait charge me double!

HUH

LOVE this shot of me and my boy Jack Bibs



Robin Dini is SO shy!

My girl Krystal, looking super sweet

Susannah Susannah Susannah

Me & G.... LOVE it

EARMUFFS



Dave and Georgie, grillin it up!

My girl Gigi loves her some Jean!

Amanda Harris & her beau, the smarty pants Mr. Jeff Herzberger- he wore pink just for me!

Nikki Nicole waxing poetic by the fire

Steve DePino playing trains with Jack- they LOVE Steve DePino! He's aiight


My 35th birthday rolled in while Steve and I were in Vienna so my husband decided to host a cookout when I got back last week so I could celebrate with the kids and some friends- it was the best birthday gift ever!
Right before I left for Vienna Dave and I had a really great date night just chillin' & grillin' in our backyard, which has been totally transformed from last spring! It used to be overrun with poison ivy and all kinds of random trees so we landscaped it, installed a killer patio and put a fire pit in the back by the fence overlooking the river. Yes, that's right this gal has a river in her back yard in Hartford! The Park River aka the Hog River that used to run by Mark Twain's house and underneath the Soldier's & Sailor's Memorial Arch in downtown Hartford, which is now shamefully buried underground, is alive and babbling away in my back yard! I feel like Paul spouting off random information like this but I am pumped about my little old Hartford river!!

So...we were hanging out having a glass of vino and some shrimp on the barbie and then retired to the fire pit to listen to our little old babbling river and enjoy the fire when I thought- THIS is what I want for my birthday, to chill like this with some of my favorite peeps!! Come to find out is is also my girl Amanda Harris' birthday AND her dog Strider's birthday!

Anyway- here are some images that were taken by a variety of people throughout the night- me, Mike, Jean and Krystal were shooting away all night and caught some cool shots of me and my family and friends...

Honestly some of the images I have now are some of my favorites that I have of me and my kids!

16 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

ha ha....great shot of me. that was a blast. first night not in bed by 9:30, cross-stitching because it's too warm for knitting.

carla ten eyck said...

huh. I got nuthin' but I am confident Mike does

Tony Spinelli Photography said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA!

Jerome said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

happy birthday!!! Looks like it was a lot of fun:)

Jean Molodetz said...

that was a fun night. LOVED using that D3. that sucker creates light!

laurie said...

it looks like you guys had such a good time.......you are so awesome...hope you had the best birthday ever

nikki nicole photography said...

like the line about me and hot air ha!!!!!

thanks for having me over it was fun!!!!!!!

JAGstudios said...

happy birthday.

STEVE DePINO said...

Hey the little guys got game... I had to make sure I didn't get blown out :)

Mary Marantz said...

sorry we missed it

Studio Foto said...

Love you carla, Lets do this every year forever :)

P

Teresa Wagner said...

we r a year apart, I'm turning 34. Ur my big sister. Miss u, lets do East Side one of these Fridays comin soon.

Photographer RE said...

HAPPY B-DAY! Sory I missed it while honeymooning in Hawaii.

Renee said...

So sad I missed the celebration! Unfortunately I had to work. Carla - we need to celebrate! Thinking it is time for some spring time Margaritas.
Looking forward to the next party!
xoxoxoxox - Renee

Renee said...

So sad I missed the celebration! Unfortunately I had to work. Carla - we need to celebrate! Thinking it is time for some spring time Margaritas.
Looking forward to the next party!
xoxoxoxox - Renee