Monday, April 07, 2008

Rediscover Your Love of Shooting Work Shop...


...was such a blast! I was about to go to bed, I am EXHAUSTED in the best possible way but just wanted to write about what an incredible day today was.
There were SO many wonderful photographers here all looking for the same thing... re-inspiration.

I have to say that I totally got what I needed to get out of today, a new found love for something that I didn't think that I could love more. I was inspired by how hard everyone worked to think in a new way- to work a lens they had a hard time with or direct a model in front of a crowd that was all eyes and ears. I know how hard that is to put yourself out there like that, so thank you for doing it with me!

This was such a journey for me to go on and I am honored to have had the company of so many wonderful, talented and honest people there with me. I hope that you all left as inspired and motivated as I am now, completely wide awake and crazy as I relive the day and all of the fun we had!

I will post a ton of pictures later, I promise along with a slide show of the day... so please check back!!

thanks steve for rocking it with me!

xxxooo

15 comments:

Unknown said...

carla,

we met at megan's and i commented on your celebrity-status. lol.
check out bodyimagebook.com
it reminded me of you.

jane la motta

Amanda Harris said...

What can I say - it was awesome!! I wish I had an engagement shoot this week as my head is SWIMMING with ideas :) THANK YOU! xoxo

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

I agree with Amanda...it was an amazing day and I wish I had something going on today so I can practice what you preach, and try to direct a couple! Thanks so much Carla and Steve!!!

nikki nicole photography said...

wow.... thanks carla for doing that seminar.... like others my heard is swimming w/ideas now i have to setup a shoot for this weekend!

Laura Landau said...

Carla, thank you so much for opening up your home and your heart to us. You are such an incredible person and photographer with the ability to motivate and inspire others. And add Steve into this picture...what more can we ask for! You guys are awesome.

E. Broderick Photography said...

The BEST damn day! Carla--I loved that you made us leave our comfort zone--shooting with lenses we don't often use, "leading" the model shoots, etc. Seeing everybody else's images was really inspiring, too. Thanks so much for an excellent day!

eileen

Justin Marantz said...

Carla, the two of you guys did such an awesome job!! The whole day, start to finish was exciting to be a part of! I know EVERYONE left feeling inspired and excited to go back home and do something different with their photography. Thank you guys so much for putting this together! You rock!

ideagirl said...

Dude -- you guys ROCKED this! So much fun...I wish I had stayed, BTW -- but made it home just fine.

Thought about you and everyone the whole way. You guys are AWESOME and I was so honored to be included.

And I'm so glad you're a REAL person!

::grin::

xo Tam

PS - LOVE THE NEW HEADER.

Tony Spinelli Photography said...

What a great experience that was for me and I'm sure everyone else too. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring. You were awesome.

Studio Foto said...

Carla you rocked with Steve. Awesome day! Thank god you had a techy :)

Robin Dini Photography said...

so fun! look at my pictures!

Travis Flynn said...

I hope I can make the next one! I like the idea of workshops closer than Boston and NYC.

STEVE DePINO said...

When is the next one? :)

Nicole Frechette said...

Thank you so much for having me! I had a blast & I i took a quick look at some of the pictures posted on the blogs from the day...what can I say..I WANT MORE! I can't wait!
take care all of you ridiculously talented people :)
<3 Nicole Frechette

Salty Grapes said...

Thank you thank you thank you again for all the amazing help, assurance, and patience with the "dog girl". ;) Everyone was just awesome. I'm still jazzed days later. =) -Julia