Sunday, April 20, 2008

vienna




I have so much to share and show from our trip to Vienna this past week but will only give you a taste- it is 4:30 a.m. Vienna time and I am so tired but so wired at the same time!! I can't stop pouring over the almost 3,000 images I shot from our trip- which also included a wedding in Vienna on Saturday with the most incredible couple... I am dying to share those images and have worked on a few already.
This was my first trip to Europe and it was so incredible to see the every day things that I am sure may bore most people but I found fascinating- like the street lights and overhead wires- they were so beautiful in their chaos I couldn't stop shooting them. Talk about leading lines!! Dorky I know but it created so many interesting visuals for me to shoot, so I had fun with it.

The selenium tone image is for you Wolfgang! :) Something you see, every day, but how I saw it on my visit.

The candles were shot in St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna at night, it was such an amazing church.

The shadows were me, Steve, Wolfgang and Daniella the night before the work shop making sure everything was OK on site and the room was just filled with this beautiful, rich light... so of course, I had to shoot it!

Everyone at the workshop was great and had lots of questions for us- I can't wait to post a slide show of that along with our shoot- I had so much fun showing them how I see things and to now share the images both directly out of camera and then compare them with what I do in post production. That was a big question- how I get my images looking so good out of camera. After a hearty laugh I explained that I work my butt off on them!! :)

I can't wait to show you what I got!

Wolfgang & Daniella I miss you two and your wonderful energy already!!! Let's start planning your trip to the states soon!

xxoo

7 comments:

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Carla, Welcome home!! These shots are so much fun. I can't wait to see some of 3 thousand images that you took. It sounds like you and Steve had a great time. Talk to you soon!!

Unknown said...

i expect to see all 3000---pronto!

Mary Marantz said...

yay! welcome back! and happy belated birthday girlie!! we'll be celebrating promptly after our return from Chicago!

xoxo
M:)

raw photo design said...

Your next blog post better be all 3000 of those photos!!! Welcome back!

Beyond The Lens Photography said...

Alright, I'm gona give you a break and say you don't have to post all 3,000...but at least 2900...I'm a giver, what can I say! Welcome back Carla! It sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm sure they enjoyed your company in Vienna, but everyone here couldn't wait for you to get back!!!

Eric Foley said...

Patiently waiting but not for long:)

Erik Maziarz said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see the rest!