Sunday, April 13, 2008

mike + kim anniversary shoot













In order for me to shoot even MORE 'engagement shoots' which I absolutely love to shoot... I have decided to now offer an Anniversary Shoot package for current, past or new clients who are already married.

I got the idea to do this after meeting couples who had already gotten married and wished I had done their engagement shoot and felt like they missed out on a new and different photography experience.

During my mentoring session with Miss Laurie Crutchfield last week we photographed my uber talented second shooter Mike Romano and his adorable pregnant wife Kim. They were pretty easy to photograph aside from Mike's blue steel thing he had going on! We are going to do another installment to their shoot- I can't wait!

It was really fun to watch Laurie work with posing a couple (she had said this was something that she wanted to work on) - so we would set them up, stop, do our 'visual sweep' and see what was and was not working in the image. It was great because we ended up saving so many images by stopping and reworking our composition or realizing what was missing, like making them smile or taking something out of the frame that was taking away from the image.

Mostly it was fun shooting in a really awesome location with a couple who were initially nervous in front of the camera (yes, really) and getting some really cool shots.


If you are interested in booking your own Anniversary Shoot with me and Mike shoot me an email or call my studio at 860-906-1993!

13 comments:

raw photo design said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raw photo design said...

carla, these shots are amazing....like usual. Anniversary shoots are such an awesome idea!

ideagirl said...

Awww...LOVE these!

Nice work C!

Unknown said...

Wonderful shots. Mike is too cute!!! And an anniversary shoot is such a nice idea. =)

Salty Grapes said...

Crud, that was me, posting from the wrong account. =) Ha! -Julia

carla ten eyck said...

Let me apologize for NOT photoshopping out the bad word on one of the walls... SO not on purpose, though it is funny only because it's Mike.

Julia, Mike is only cute in pictures.

Amanda Harris said...

Mike is definitely only cute in pictures ;) My favorite is him squatting with the reflector...he is a man of many talents.

Salty Grapes said...

Bwah ha ha. Poor guy... takes a beating. He's lucky that I've only met him briefly I guess. =)

Eric Foley said...

Congratulations Mike on the pregnancy!

Robin Dini Photography said...

ha ha...naughty word. that's funny.

nikki nicole photography said...

love the shot of kim alone the lighting is beautiful!!!!

they are sooooo cute and kim looks soo cute! have fun in vienna!

Robert J. Trenske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert J. Trenske said...

Simply beautiful shots, nice job Carla. Have a great time in Vienna.