Friday, April 11, 2008

SERIOUSLY!

I just had to post a brief, personal achievement that I am SO super excited about!

I can now, officially do the running man!! BUT... only in my kitchen wearing my plaid ballet flats! When no one else is there!

I have been trying to do the running man for over 20 years and have never ever not even ONE time gotten even CLOSE to getting it. I am not a bad dancer either, mind you but just couldn't rock this particular dance. I can totally do the wop and the cabbage patch so back off your high horse of good dancing judgement!! :)

I even use the ability to do the running man as a friendship qualifier, which is weird because if I were trying to be friends with myself I wouldn't be scoring any additional points. Although I do think doing the worm is the equivalent. And no, I cannot do that either.

All it means is that you kind of go up a notch in my book if you can do it....!

So... can YOU do the running man?

19 comments:

Krista Photography said...

You are hilarious Carla! I'd love to hear what finally got you over the hump in your struggle to learn how to do the running man... And yes, I can do it - ever since 7th grade, baby!

Amanda Harris said...

Carla - I don't know what to say. I'm so proud.

Jaime said...

I really need to see a video of this thing you call the Running Man.

Robert J. Trenske said...

Haha, I agree, I think a video is key :)

STEVE DePINO said...

you know I can rock the running man plus in a little robot and moon walking.:)

carla ten eyck said...

Krista- I was sliding around on my floor in my shoes dancing with Georgie when I just busted out with it! Believe me I am always trying when I am either alone or with Dodie (who is AWESOME at the running man) just to make her laugh at me!

There will be no such video.

ok maybe

Mary Marantz said...

helloooo....have you even MET me?!?! :)

xoxo
M:)

laurie said...

alright teacher...I need to learn ;)

Robin Dini Photography said...

ha ha! i laugh because you showed me those adorable ballet shoes this afternoon. I can totally picture it! WhAT?! i'll break down my funky style for you next time round....lawn mower anyone?

Laura Landau said...

I'm currently out of breath cause I wanted to see if I could STILL do the running man. Yes, I can...however, I almost hurt myself in the process. Now Olivia is doing her own version all over the house.
:)

Unknown said...

OK - should I know what 'the running man' is?

Teresa Wagner said...

I would love to give it a try.
Ready set go....

:)

E. Broderick Photography said...

Why don't I know what this is? Uh oh--can we not be friends?

Yes, please on the video.

Tere @ My Precious Studio said...

VIDEO. NOW.
Ready....GO

Salty Grapes said...

Another vote for video proof...

You are too, too much!!!! =)

Studio Foto said...

I am SO PROUD of you WOW AWESOME!.
I got the worm covered for you Ten Eyck :)

VIDEO..VIDEO..VIDEO;) I can just picture it.

nikki nicole photography said...

i cannot stop laughing at you!!!! i am so proud ha!!!

Susannah McGlamery said...

come on. isn't that why we're friends?

Susannah McGlamery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.